Tips From Professional Essay Writers: Essay 101
An essay is a prose composition of a small volume and free composition, expressing individual impressions and considerations on a specific topic or issue and certainly not claiming a defining interpretation of a subject. Before writing, it is recommended that you make a 5 paragraph essay outline.
One of the requirements for an admission to the most US universities is to write an essay with a brief description. Together with a recommendation letter, it helps the Admissions Committee to differentiate you among other applicants, and it also demonstrates your skills to logically expand your thoughts in writing.
The main features:
- A presence of a particular subject or issue: A work devoted to the analysis of a wide range of problems cannot be performed in a genre of an essay.
- It expresses individual impressions and considerations on a specific occasion or issue. And obviously does not pretend to define or exhaustive interpretation of the subject.
- As a rule, such assignment presupposes a new, subjectively colored word about something; such a work can have a philosophical, historical-biographical, journalistic, literary-critical, scientific-popular or purely fictional character.
- A content should contain personality of an author, his worldview, thoughts, and feelings.
Such paper’s aim is to develop skills such as independent creative thinking and writing out your own thoughts. Professional essay writers can write an excellent rhetorical analysis essay or any other with a statement of his or her thoughts.
Writing such task is extremely useful because it allows an author to learn clearly and correctly formulate thoughts, structure information, use basic concepts, illustrate experience with relevant examples, and argue their conclusions.
There are many types of essays. Among them, the most popular type which every student knows relates to analysis, such as poetry analysis essay, character analysis essay, analytical essay, and others. Analysis essay example, analytical essay example and other examples you can find on the Internet on the websites devoted to education and professional writing.
Structure of your paper
A structure is determined by the requirements imposed on it:
- Thoughts of an author on the problem are presented in the form of brief theses (T).
- A thought must be supported by evidence. Therefore, every thesis is followed by an argument (A).
Arguments are facts, events from social life, events, life situations and life experience, scientific evidence. It is better to give two arguments in favor of each thesis. One argument may seem unconvincing, but three arguments can “overload” a statement.
When writing, it is also important to consider the following points:
- Before writing, it is necessary to create a short 5 paragraph essay outline.
- Entry and conclusion should focus on a problem.
- It is necessary to underline sentenced, establish a logical connection between paragraphs: thus, the integrity of a work is achieved.
- Style of presentation: such papers are characterized by emotionality, expressiveness, artistic quality. Experts believe that the proper effect is provided by short, simple, diverse intonation suggestions and skillful use of punctuation marks.
In the terms of content, your assignment can be: philosophical, literary-critical, historical, artistic, spiritual, or religious.
Some common features of a genre can easily be undefined, which are perfectly mastered by professional essay writers. They are usually listed in encyclopedias and dictionaries:
- Small volume
Of course, there are no hard boundaries. Usual volume is three to seven pages of computer text, regardless of a text type, rhetorical analysis essay, process analysis essay, poetry analysis essay or character analysis essay. For example, in the Harvard Business School, written assignments are often written in only two pages.
- A specific theme and its subjective interpretation
A theme of any paper is always concrete. Your writing cannot contain many topics or ideas; it reflects only one option, one thought. We advise you to look at examples of correct papers that develop a specific topic on the Internet. There you can find an analysis essay example and an analytical essay example.
- Free composition is an important feature of any paper
Researchers note that an essay is by its nature arranged in a way so it does not tolerate any formal frameworks. It is often built on contrary to the laws of logic.
- Ease of narration
The writer needs to establish a confidential style of communication with a reader, and in order to be understood, he avoids deliberately complicated, unclear, overly stringent constructions. Researchers note that a good paper can be written only by someone who is fluent in a certain subject and sees it from various angles.
- Propensity to paradoxes
Such task is written to surprise a reader, this, in opinion of many researchers, is a compulsory quality. A starting point for reflections embodied in this task is often aphoristic, vivid statement or paradoxical definition, literally confronting undeniable but mutually exclusive statements, characteristics, theses.
- Internal semantic unity
Perhaps this is one of the paradoxes of this genre. Free in composition, focused on subjectivity, an essay, however, has an internal semantic unity. In other words, a consistency of key theses and statements, an internal harmony of arguments and associations in which a personal position of an author is expressed.
- Focus on spoken language
At the same time, it is necessary to avoid the use of slang, as well as template phrases, shortening of words, too frivolous tone. A language used in writing any papers must be taken seriously.
Mistakes When Writing a Paper
Unlike tests, written assignments don’t imply a multiple-choice format. Writing is not limited in time, you can rewrite it many times, ask your friends to read your writings. But be sure to write about 5 paragraph essay outline, before start writing your paper. Take full advantage of all opportunities and try to avoid common mistakes, such as verbosity.
Written tasks are limited to a certain number of words, so you need to intelligently use this volume. Sometimes this means refusal from certain ideas, especially if they have already been mentioned somewhere. Such things only distract a reader’s attention and obscure the main topic.
If you are not experienced enough to write a decent paper, then you can find services of professional essay writers. You can order almost any type of paper from them. Be it a rhetorical analysis essay, process analysis essay, poetry analysis essay, or any other. Professional character analysis essay can write only a person who knows this character really well.
If you want to write an assignment by yourself, you might want to see some examples. Analysis essay example as well as any other paper example you can find in the Internet.